Call for poster abstracts extended to September 8th
We cordially invite abstracts for poster submissions for our 1st International Armada Conference to be held on 22nd -24th September 2017 in Sligo. Posters will be displayed in the Clayton Hotel Sligo for the duration of the Conference.
Poster presentations are welcome from all fields that have a particular emphasis on the period of the Spanish Armada of 1588. Areas/themes can include history; archaeology; social geography; geomorphology; landscape; seascape; seabed mapping; conservation; curation and presentation.
Posters that include tourism initiatives, community engagement and visitor attraction will also be considered. We will accept research, survey and project submissions and abstracts at any stage of development, from proposals to completed studies.
We strongly encourage submissions from those involved in academic research, community projects and those with responsibility for the management and protection of the underwater cultural resource.
Closing date for abstract submission: 8th September 2017. Please email email@example.com.
Information for submitting abstracts for Posters to be displayed at the International Spanish Armada Conference 2017.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words and should be in size 12 Times New Roman.
- The following outline should be used for the abstract:
- Author/presenter name(s), institution represented, postal address, email address
- Title of abstract
- Theme/Category of abstract (as per description of categories)
- Results if available
- Funding acknowledgments (do not contribute to word count)
- References (do not contribute to word count)
- Projects need not be fully completed at the time of the conference but should be able to generate discussion between presenters and attendees.
- 4’x6’ poster boards and pins/velcro will be provided to display your poster which can be put in place at time of registration on Friday evening. Posters must be removed at lunchtime on Sunday. You will be assigned a number and a matching poster space. Please put your poster in this space only.
- Please submit your abstract by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 8th September 2017.
- Submitting authors will be sent an acknowledgement of receipt following submission of their abstract(s).
- Those who submit an abstract will be notified of the outcome no later than 11th September 2017. This will allow the authors adequate time to create and print the posters for display. Please note it is Poster abstracts only. Posters will be displayed in the conference area for the duration of the conference.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Organising Committee and the Underwater Archaeology Unit. Decisions will be final.
- A prize will be awarded for the best poster of the conference 2017.